Worship will begin 10:30am, Sunday, April 19, 2020
General Discussion Questions
- Which best describes your experience with being "purified by obeying the truth" (full belief in, and acceptance of the Gospel)?
- I can tell you the time in my life when this happened to me.
- I can't tell you the time it happened, but I know it has happened to me.
- I am not sure.
- Do you ever have trouble "feeling" the purification of God, even if you "know" it?
- What is the connection between being purified/forgiven by God and loving others?
- What did you think about the story of the father and his son Paco?
- Why is it more likely for a child to change their behavior after adoption than foster care?
- How can thinking about your adoption/new birth and your future in Heaven affect the way you live here on Earth?
- Is there anything about the phrase "all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall" that you don't like the sound of?
- What temporary things do you tend to hang on to?
- If we cannot take money or possessions with us into Heaven, what can we take? In other words, what is the difference between "treasure on Earth" and "treasure in Heaven"?
- How are you challenged to live with a "Heaven Perspective" today?
Kids Discussion Questions
- Do you know that we have sin, the same way white clothes have stains? Jesus can wash us like bleach washes white clothes. But, it's not enough for white clothes to sit in the lanudry room (like some of us "sit in church"). The clothes have to have an "experience" with the bleach (like we are meant to ask for salvation through Jesus and believe in His life, death, and resurrection.)
- Put these in ordrer of importance in Heaven
- Having Lots of Money
- Spending Time Together
- Being Famous
- Being Beautiful or Handsome
- Knowing God
- Being Creative
- Working Hard